Friday 24 July 2009

Exclusive interview with designer Lima de Lezando



I recently came accross this sofa that I totally love. So I decided to interview its designer. And it appears that he's really nice and that I am an absolute fan ! Enjoy ! Thanks Lima.


Can you introduce yourself and your background ?
My name is Lima De Lezando and I create emotions.


Where do you get your inspiration from?
My everyday life is surrounded by things which inspire me. It could be a nice poem, a object, good music, my wife or a feeling. I am dreaming with open eyes and give a sleeve to my thoughts.


How would you describe yourself and how would you describe your art?
In my works, I want to reflect life of today's world. They're moving between classicism and the modern age. It is a fusion of different eras and together with the material and the colour, they build a mixture of styles, which could be cuddly, loud, playful and smart. Above all, i am working for me and every project is a part of my sense.


What other designers, artists, do you feel close to?
There are a lot of talented people, which i don't feel direct close but the procedure is impressive. Patricia Urquiola, Doshi & Levien, Philippe Malouin, Jamie Hayon, Fabio Novembre for example. People, who have a special style and character.


How far do you hope to go artistically speaking?
I don't know how far i'm gone...


Can you tell us about your current and upcoming projects ?
There will be a lot of new and fascinating projects, my head is like a garden of ideas in which i'm passing a lot of time. Further i hope to collaborate with many interesting people and companies. Current i'm working on a new lamp.





Would you consider to do something else if you were not a designer?
I have a pen in my hand since i can think. I can not imagine to do something different.


Do you consider that "art is alive" ?
I think art makes our life alive.


To finish with, what would wish to this blog?
I hope that this blog became more noticed and i wish you all the best nicolas! Best regards

More info on:
Lima Lezando Studios
Eckenheimer Landstraße 475
60435 Frankfurt am Main
GERMANY
phone: 069 905 056 43mail: info@limadelezando.com